Tuesday, March 23, 2010

pbj

You may ask why are you blogging about a boring little peanut butter and jelly sandwich? I must say, with all the savoriciously succulent food options out there to get all wrapped up in one may forget about the tasty little pleasures in life like the PBJ.

So let's talk PBJ.

This is no ordinary Peanut butter and jelly sandwich, it's a scrumptious newly mashed raw peanut spread with organic pink grapefruit marmalade on a freshly baked warm-out-of-the-oven multi-grain loaf of awesomeness! Mmm, my mouth is watering as I type this. I wish I had one in my hands right now!

So whatever depth your food desires take you, don't forget about the simple things. A little PBJ can be made as awesome as you can dream it up, or as simply satisfying as you need it to be. I love how eating healthy tastes sooo gooood!

p.s. 'savoriciously' is a made up word.

2 comments:

  1. My old man introduced me to the pjb sandwich when I was a kid. He made batches of his own pb, very delicious indeed. This was good by it's own, but when he showed me how to make it even better with a bit of jam, I was amazed.
    We'd go down to the lake and pick blackberries and make our own jam, so very very good, and these two products together made for a perfect combination.

    The King's favourite was PBJ sandwiches, by the way. :) Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful, your old man is a good guy. I know this, I met him.

    The King on the other hand.. How bout that. Never met him.

    ReplyDelete