Wednesday, March 31, 2010

brunch pancake

Finally getting back to natural.

Pancakes are tasty, quite easy, and pretty quick to make. Not only will this pancake taste amazing, but it will be full of natural whole grain goodness, topped of with delightful delectibility.

-image-
Multi-Grain Pancake topped with Peanut Butter and Jonagolds
what's in the Pancake?
- Whole Wheat Flour
- Quick Cook Barley
- Toasted Wheat Germ
- Almond Milk
- Olive Oil
- Salt

what's on top?
- Just Peanuts Peanut Butter
- Jonagold Apple
- Crushed Black Walnuts

how did this happen?
That is actually a very good question. When I make bread, tortillas, pancakes, or any other baked good I tend to just throw stuff in the bowl, dry ingredients first, mix them up, then add an approximate guess of liquid, and stir. If I need more liquid I just add it and stir some more. Pancakes are difficult to mess up. If you have too much liquid, they just turn french, and you have a crepe, too little, and the batter will refuse to run. Feel it out!

p.s. 'delectibility' is not a word either.

No comments:

Post a Comment