Wednesday, March 24, 2010

quick sandwich snack


I was going to use this post as a quick introduction to 'fika', however in the interest of time, and the reason for a quick snack I will just leave you with the word:

fika

Contemplate that for a while. I promise, I will come back to it in another post!

-image-
Pepper and Herb Hummus on Sesame and Sprouted Wheat
ingredients:
- Bottom half of Ezekiel Sesame sprouted grain bun.
- Earth Balance natural buttery spread, soy garden type.
- Tribe Hummus, forty spices type.
- Bell Pepper
- Broccoli and Clover sprouts.

how did this happen?
- Lightly toast the bun.
- Immediately spread on the soy garden goodness.
- Next a generous spread of hummus.
- A few sliced up pepper strips.
- Finally a five finger pinch of fresh sprouts!

3 comments:

  1. Hummus is real easy to make yourself and fun to experiment with flavours.
    One of my spicy classics features a nice punch of sambal oelek, garlic of course, onion, cumin and coriander, salt. Mhhmmm.
    Add nuts, olives, herbs or just about anything you can think of to make a tasty hummus trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, sounds delectable! Almost as good as foraging through the blackberry bushes to make your own preserves!

    I think yo should co-blog with me! We could call it 'Flying by the seats of our trou... the continuing saga of two guys destined to be together, but separated by the very things we don't believe in... borders.'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Borders? I have never seen one. But I have heard they exist in the minds of some people.

    ReplyDelete